Friday 14 January 2011

Emily's got the fever

I picked up Emily from Fennies last night and she was in some new clothes as I was told she was really warm.

She was quite quiet and listless last night and actually fell asleep WHILE I was making her dinner.

Through the night, Sue went to the loo and opened the door to Emily's shining face. An hour later, they both finally got back to sleep. This was 4am.

At 7:00am, I could hear Emily singing to herself, oblivious of the fact that she was awake three hours earlier.

When I went to get Emily she was so hot, I could have dried clothes on her.

Needless to say, she's staying home with Sue today.

There's been a lot of talk and horror stories about the flu lately, and someone Sue knows has lost a child to it already, so there's a bit of paranoia that's probably worth holding on to at the moment. Unlike other things in my life, Emily really isn't very replaceable so I need to make sure I keep hold of this model.
blog comments powered by Disqus