Sunday 26 February 2012

Autistic dinner conversation

Went out for dinner last night with friends and the subject turned to children. Having some around the table deal with special needs children as their job, the conversation was soon high-jacked by discussions about Emily and how she's doing, what we could do better for her, what help is out there we need to get, etc.

It was quite a lively, informative chat and Sue and I took a lot away from it. I did feel continually guilty that we basically took over the conversation with talk about our special needs child, but I think the others we happy to have the discussion and to offer their help.

I guess if you have NeuroNormal children, it can get a bit boring as there's nothing untoward to discuss, no help  above and beyond that you need. Just talk about dance recitals and report cards. I guess.
blog comments powered by Disqus