Thursday 1 May 2008

Not fun anymore?

Emily's becoming quite the moody baby. She sits and smiles at you for moments on end, then for no reason, will turn on you like a pack of dogs on a wounded deer. There are all sorts of theories on why this is - ranging from boredom, to wind, to hunger, etc. It doesn't really help at the end of the day when you've just had 20 hours filled with a constant "whhhhhaaaaaa".

Hopefully this, like all good AND bad things, will pass ... and soon.

On a good note, Emily is either sleeping more through the night, or not making enough noise to wake me up. Having said that, I don't really need an alarm clock with her in the room. I was awoken at 6am this morning by "cooing". The perfect father out there would have taken the opportunity to play with baby, taking her into the living room to enable mummy to sleep. I just put a pillow over my ears and wished for her to fall back asleep so I wouldn't be a zombie at work.

Ah, the follies of parenthood.
blog comments powered by Disqus