Monday 26 November 2007

Teenage Wildlife

The Times today had a supplement for teens, apparently written and edited by teens.

It got me thinking about all sorts of things, like how can I protect my daughter from the harmful media-obsession with being size zero, of having all her heroes getting publicly bladdered every night and dating heroin junkies, and trying to instil in her that that is actually not how people are supposed to react.

On the other side of the coin, I was wondering whether my daughter would follow her parents into the field of journalism and find herself writing for and editing a teen section for a major news paper in about a decade's time.

The more I think about things, the more secure I feel that all is going to be well... as long as we stay away from the bad areas of town.
blog comments powered by Disqus